I know I haven’t been the most “active” person on tumblr…. But I feel like this is going to change that. So fellow followers I give you the WEDLOCKE CHALLENGE!!
Credit for the idea from famous Youtuber Marriland, This takes a different spin on the famous Nuzlocke challenge! I will be doing it on Pokemon X (even though I already restarted it), but the reason for this is to make me actually have some sort of difficulty in this game, and spice it up to make me want to play the again. Also I’ve always play it safe in Pokemon games too, so it’s nice change it up now and again.
Now the Rule are as followed:
1. FAINTED POKEMON ARE DEAD
When a Pokemon faints, it must be released forever (or boxed permanently). It is considered to be dead.
2. ONLY CATCH THE 1ST ELIGIBLE POKEMON IN AN AREA.
You can catch or obtain only the first eligible obtainable Pokemon you encounter in any route or area, with exceptions being made based on the Pokemon’s gender. Fail to catch it and you get nothing for the area.
• Genderless Pokemon cannot be caught. Ever.
• If you have 1, 3, or 5 Pokemon in your party, you ignore any Pokemon encounters whose gender you have an uneven number of, e.g. if you have just one male Pokemon and two female Pokemon, you cannot catch any more female Pokemon until the count is even again. If you have an even number of each gender, this does not apply.
• “Dupes Clause” is recommended, to add to the uniqueness of each Pokemon. This means you do not count any encounter against any Pokemon whose species you have already caught, which is usually determined by the Poke Ball symbol by their HP bar.
• You may impose a limit of how many times Dupes Clause is triggers, to avoid exploiting it to encounter rare Pokemon.
3. ALL POKEMON MUST BE NICKNAMED
This is to increase the bond between you and your Pokemon. They’re not just randoms; they’re your friends. Treat them accordingly.
4. YOUR POKEMON ARE “PARTNERED” WITH EACH OTHER AND FIGHT IN PAIRS
• Only one male and one female can form a pair, and once they do, it lasts until one dies or is released.
• Each Pokemon on your team can battle only alongside its partner, if it has one. Switching Pokemon out in battle is allowed, but ONLY for the Pokemon’s partner.
• Pokemon in the PC are not paired and are used essentially as bonus Pokemon should any die.
• If a Pokemon dies in battle, its partner must avenge the fallen Pokemon or die along with them; switching to any other Pokemon is forbidden, regardless of circumstance. (In the case of Double or Triple Battles, you may have to make exceptions. Do what feels right.)
• If a Pokemon’s partner dies, it can gain a new one that doesn’t already have a partner (either from a PC box or a wild Pokemon). Optionally, If you have a “Lone Wolf”(see next rule) in your party, It must immedately become paired with said Pokemon.
• “Lone Wolf” Pokemon are the ones in your party that has not been paired yet. They must be immediately partnered ASAP, but they can still fight on their own, though cannot be switched out during battle.
• (For outside XY)The Exp. Share item is allowed to be used, even for Pokemon outside their pair. However, the “switching training” technique(i.e. leading a weak Poke then switching to a stronger one for 100% of the Exp. boost) cannot be used to train Pokemon from different pairs.
• (Only for XY, this rule added by me) If your first encounter is a Horde battle, You must defeat all 4 Pokemon in order to catch the 5th Pokemon. If on a rare occasion that all the Pokemon are the same gender that outnumbers the guy/girl ratio on your team, then you cannot use any of the Pokemon to pair and can either defeat them or run away. You can also choose to use the Dupes Clause for this.
5. YOU CANNOT DEPOSIT POKEMON TO YOUR PC
• You must release Pokemon or have them die in battle if you want to withdraw anything in your PC.
• You can freely release your Pokemon (up to you if it counts as a “death” or not), but you will probably feel like a jerk for doing it.
• Pokemon that are sent to the PC after being caught are not counted as being “deposited” by this rule, nor are they paired while inside the PC.
• If you chose to make a permabox dead Pokemon rather then release them, you may do so.
• If you need to make room for gift or in-game trade Pokemon you can temporarily deposit a Pokemon to allow this, but that Pokemon is not consider in your party and must be deposited into your PC ASAP.
• If you absolutely require HM moves to get through the game, you may temporarily break this rule and deposit a pair of Pokemon in the PC for one or two HM Pokemon; however, they cannot fight or do anything other than use HM moves outside of battle, and should be removed as soon as one of your main Pokemon can use the required HM move.
And that’s all the main rules for this Wedlocke. Also worth pointing out that you can change or soften the rule to your liking. For the rest of the rules unanswered (like if you want to have a Gay/Lesbi/Bi/Etc. team and stuff) go to this vid here——-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2YwKAYHyY
Also I will be telling the story of my Adventure on said Wedlocke and add some drawings to it. hope you guys like this